- Toray IM8 Blank, Nano Resins & KEVLAR – The NEW KastKing Krome series rods use only Toray IM8 high carbon, 45 million modulus blanks and Nano Silica resins for incredible strength, performance and sensitivity. We reinforce the butt section all the way through the reel seat with true Kevlar fabric to improve hook setting power and to provide additional durability and strength. The result is a true performance rod that feels light in your hand but will handle powerful fish with ease.
- Fuji Guides and Reel Seats – We compliment these premium blanks with the finest Fuji K-Frame tangle free guides with Alconite rings for both spinning and casting models. These guides are tough and will handle any mono, fluorocarbon or braided lines with ease. We also use Fuji ACS & TVS reel seats to make sure you are always in control and your reels stays solid in its base. Trust Fuji and you’ll never have to worry about a component failure.
- Durable Carbon Fiber Handles – Carbon fiber handles have been selected because we know these rods will be used to land some of the hardest fighting fish that swim. These handles are extremely durable, they clean up beautifully after handling cured eggs and herring and they are easily removed from rod holders under the pressure of large fish.
- Technique Specific Designs – Each technique specific action is designed by experts with years of experience and with the input of professional guides and anglers who know and require only the very best in their tools. Rod weight, length, action, power and even handle length are purposefully built to ensure you are maximizing the effectiveness of every fishing rod. There are currently 15 models including 4 spinning and 11 casting models in both 1 & 2-pc designs.
- Fluorescent Orange Strike Tip – The bright orange “Strike Tip” is standard on both Hot Shot models and on the 10’6″ & 12′ Pro Troller models. The “Strike Tip” enhances early strike detection even in low light conditions and when the rods are extended out to the side of the boat. This critical feature is a tremendous benefit on these trolling models and will simply help you put more fish in your boat. All KastKing Krome rods include our incredible Total Peace of Mind Warranty!
From Alaska to the Great Lakes, salmon & steelhead anglers take their sport very seriously and won’t settle for inferior equipment. It is for those anglers we’ve developed the new KastKing Krome series.
Starting with an incredible blank made with 45 million modulus Toray carbon materials and finished using Nano Silica resins, these rods are some of the lightest made and are definitely the strongest and most sensitive rods available. The rods are then reinforced with true Kevlar fabric from the butt section through the reel seat to deliver incredible hook setting and lifting power while providing extra resistance to impact to the rod blank at the boat from hard fighting fish.
Premium components are what separates a good rod from a truly special fishing tool and we’ve hand selected Fuji reel seats and guides for this entire series. Fuji ACS and TVS reel seats and Fuji K-Frame tangle free guides with Alconite rings will delivery years of fishing freedom. Our custom carbon handles are extremely durable, slip resistant and remove easily from rod holders under the pressure of powerful fish. They also clean up beautifully after a busy day baiting hooks with cured eggs, herring or other messy baits.
We’re excited to introduce our new “Strike Tips” to all trolling models in the lineup like the Hot Shot rods and both the 10’6″ and 12′ Pro Troller. These bright orange strike tips will get your attention immediately when a fish takes your lure or bait and they’ll increase your response time to that critical strike especially in low light conditions.
There is a Krome series rod made especially for the way you fish with 15 technique specific lengths and actions including hot shot rods, back bouncing, side drifting, float fishing, trolling and more. If you fish where salmon & steelhead live, there’s a KastKing Krome series rod made for you.